• Glenn Wilson
    Qroo Paul: This is a common question that I’m asked directly by readers of the blog and that I see pop up from time to time in Facebook groups about Mexico.

Judging by the comments on Facebook, the consensus among tourists and expats is that the answer is a firm “no” and that it’s only a bluff by a corrupt cop to get a bribe. That prevailing belief leads to some very interesting recommendations from fellow group members that vary from refusing to handover your license to carrying a stack of laminated copies of your license in your glove box.

Many of the recommendations, if followed, could land you a starring role in a future episode of Locked Up Abroad. Perhaps I’ll address them in a future post, but for now, let’s just answer the million dollar question that appears in the title.

Continue reading Qroo Paul at: Mexico: Can the Police Lawfully Keep My Drivers License Until I Pay a Traffic Ticket? More #QrooPaul.

More in the category Finance and Legal.

Register or sign up for our daily email digest.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.