• Glenn Wilson
    Isabelle: "I started making clothes when I was a little girl, making my party clothes. In Mexico at those times there was not so much fashion. I identified myself by how I dressed up. It was fun to dress up as characters."

"I went to a technical school to learn how to sew, because I know I wanted to work in the studio, actually making the clothes, not just designing from afar."

"I went to Parsons [School of Design] in New York City where I had great teachers who really inspired me. I learned to follow my own path, to make my own language. I am working with my own being through the process of creation itself."

"My personal life and sewing are intertwined as part of my identity, who I am in relation to the world and what the world is becoming and how I perceive it."

Read and see more at Lokkal: Isabelle Mahnes' Spectacle of Fashion. More #Lokkal.

Show/Performance/Sale
    Thursday, November 21, 4:30-8pm, Mixta, Pila Seca 3, $180, including catering

More in the category Art, Literature, Museums, Music, and Theaters.

Register or sign up for our daily email digest.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.