• Calvin Burr
    Hi Glenn,
    This is the former Charley Burford from the old chess club on Jackson Hill. I changed my legal name years ago just before changing careers to Charles Calvin Burr...basically shortened my last name.

I guess it's been somewhere close to 30 years since we last saw each other. I was Googling somebody else from the club when I saw your name on one of the search results. I clicked and found this site.

I plan to relocate to Mexico sometime in the near future. No date or deadline yet, but I'm married to a Mexican lady and we will initially move to her home town of Actopan where she has family and a modest house. That town is located in the state of Hidalgo, not far from Pachuca, NNE of Mexico City. I've been talking to a few Mexicans here in Houston about my plans to move to Mexico to get some feedback and opinions, and I've been looking at a few YouTube channels that provide information about moving there, but I'm far from being ready. Lots of stuff to sell, give away, or throw away.

I tried to find a way to just email you instead of leaving this message on the forum, but I didn't see any way to do that, so I'm putting it here in the hopes you see it and reply back. I'd love to catch up and learn how you ended up in Mexico, what you are doing there, how you like it, etc. Maybe you can give me a few tips pertaining to the transition. I've been to Mexico a total of 3 times.. Two times were to visit my wife and her family in Actopan. I flew into Mexico City on those trips, and then took a bus to her town which takes about 45 minutes from the airport. Both of those visits lasted a week or two. On my last trip I had to go to Ciudad Juárez, so I took a bus to El Paso, and then walked across the bridge and took a taxi to a hotel close to the US Consulate.

I'm glad to have stumbled upon you Glenn...I hope you are doing well...and I hope to communicate with you soon. I suppose you already have my email since I signed up, but it is [redacted]. If you want any of my other contact information, or if you want to give me yours, send me an email.

Take care,

C. Calvin Burr
  • Glenn Wilson
    Hi Charley!

It's good to hear from you. I'll send you an email.

Glenn
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse. Registration is required to post or vote in polls.