• Edward Van Poucke
    need some insight so i can figure out best way to approach it ty for your input
  • Mark
    I think your best bet is to contact a local real estate agent, let them know what kind of house you are looking for, what areas, etc., then plan a trip to SMA (if you aren't already there) to visit some homes. The local real estate companies all have websites with home listings you can review as well.

That is the approach I took. For me, considering the prices of the homes I saw that I liked, and to get the style and features I wanted, building a new home rather than buying a pre-owned home seemed the best way to go. Which is what I am hoping to do. But it took a very (very!) long time to get the deed for the lot I purchased. Hopefully that won't be the case at this point in time.

BTW, everyone told me, "You want to live in Centro!" Well, after visiting a few times I discovered that "Centro" is very noisy. I found a lot I liked in Rinconada de los Balcones. It's about a 20 min walk to El Jardin, but I'll take that versus fireworks until dawn!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.