• nanci zimmerman
    I am surprised by the fact that there is absolutely NO discussion, comments or mention on Civil List of a broad daylight robbery at gunpoint in the busy main Centro area of San Miguel. Has the robber been found? Is the community unaware of this? Personally, after reading the report, I find this a rather frightening brazen escalation of crime in the city.
  • Glenn Wilson
    Here is the article for anyone that missed it:

Gallery in the center of SMA robbed at gunpoint.
    POLICIA-INVESTIGANDO.jpg
    By Gladis Montserrat Padrón Bautista. San Miguel de Allende, Gto. February 14, 2022.- They preferred that the rats that entered the gallery were those gray ones, those that cause nausea to those who see them, but it was not like that, the rats that arrived were two-legged and were armed.
    TV Independencia (sp) | English.
    Published by TV Independencia at February 14, 2022 6:16 pm.

(From SMA News and Coronavirus Update February 15, 2022.)
  • Glenn Wilson
    From the Mayor:
    A while ago they robbed the bakery la espiga, that's already two businesses in a week. Everything indicates that it is the same rat (pardon my presumption) that is committing them.
    I pledge to stop this guy!
    Help me report people with strange behavior to 911.
    Mauricio Trejo Pureco Feb 17 5:06 pm.
  • Patrice Wynne
    With all due respect to your concerned comments to, Nanci, and especially to the victim employee and owner, and to all of us who love this city, I want to share that Abrazos, my store on Zacateros, was robbed at noon on a busy Saturday afternoon—in 2014. As I recall there were other stores robbed in Centro around the same time. Where there are businesses, there are robberies, everywhere in the world. My bookstore and a neighboring dress shop in a professional upscale neighborhood in Berkeley California was robbed at gunpoint twice during the day. Whether this is an escalation in San Miguel, we can never know, I only know that having lived here 21 years, these things happen, sadly, in our small business community.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.