• Glenn Wilson
    Yes, there will a another contest for charity in August. It will again be using the polling tool on this website. There will again be $15,000 Mexican pesos available.

What format would you like the August contest to take? One of these? Or, add your suggestion as a comment below.

I. One prize of $15,000.
    2. Two prizes of $8,000 and $7,000.
    3. Three prizes of $5,000 each.
    4. Four prizes of $8,000, $4,000, $2,000, and $1,000 (same as July).
    5. Five prizes of $5,000, $4,000, $3,000, $2,000, and $1,000.
    6. Three contests in one month with one prize of $5,000 per contest. The winner each time drops out for the remainder of the month and the contest repeats.
    All amounts are Mexican Pesos.

If you had issues voting in the July contest you can treat this as a practice poll. The polling is non-binding; we are interested in the community's thoughts but we may not do what wins in the August contest.

Please post any feedback specific to the July contest at July 2018 Contest Feedback.
    1. What format do you want for the August contest? (10 votes)
        I. One prize of $15,000.
        20%
        2. Two prizes of $8,000 and $7,000.
          0%
        3. Three prizes of $5,000 each.
        20%
        4. Four prizes of $8,000, $4,000, $2,000, and $1,000 (same as July).
        60%
        5. Five prizes of $5,000, $4,000, $3,000, $2,000, and $1,000.
          0%
        6. Three contests in one month with one prize of $5,000 per contest.
          0%
  • elisa borrego
    Seems like a good idea to me.
  • Glenn Wilson
    What seems like a good idea?
  • Jonathan Brown
    If this is going to be a monthly event, or even periodic one, I would suggest that the big prize winner by excluded from the contest after winning for a period of time.
  • Glenn Wilson
    I do think something like that would be fair. And the more lopsided the prize distribution the more that would apply. As an alternative, or in combination with that, we could have equal prize distributions as in #3 and #6 above (and possibly sit out one month).
  • Jonathan Brown
    Either way works - we have so many charities in SMA we should be thinking about how to get more to be successful.
  • Robert Harper
    I like the idea to keep the contest the same. It is great.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse. Registration is required to post or vote in polls.