• Glenn Wilson
    AVvXsEgaU0exzwu-dk46iYbA05j2k3MLp9lnfW36ol4BBrvaruzztIWbDQBWD90PpeYDGLKrWoaKa0d2nVTqFcF_OJiiAC64TKX5C1o6rTa6lYFJ65id_N13jRvfLpaUU-iNHqvZ7CbjVyeutZuzloAbOeO8a6ABKkLsBgTV47AdgfN0UmK2XsTIYNr4sByl=w400-h266

Al of Rancho Santa Clara wrote: During a recent 15-day sojourn in San Antonio, Texas, for Stew to undergo knee-replacement surgery—and for me to play his personal Florence Nightingale during his recovery—we both got the booster Pfizer shot and the annual flu vaccine at a Walgreens pharmacy.

Taking both vaccines simultaneously was perfectly safe, or so we had read. That was true in Stew's case, who had hardly any reaction, but which in my case triggered an odd flashback to an unpleasant episode from my childhood: What seemed to be a form of chickenpox.

If you expect an anti-vaccination screed you won't find it here. From what I've learned from reputable sources—government health organizations and medical researchers, as opposed to conspiracy mongers trolling the internet—vaccinations are the most concrete and effective weapon available now against the spread of the coronavirus and its variants. ...

There is more from Al at Life at Rancho Santa Clara: My own curious sidebar to the coronavirus story. More #RanchoSantaClara.

More Blogs from News Wire Mexico.

More in the category Art, Literature, Museums, Music, and Theaters.

Register or sign up for our daily email digest.
  • Glenn Wilson
    If we vaccinate 10 million people, or if we don’t …
    Over the following two months we can expect that*
    • 4,025 will have a heart attack
    • 3,975 will have a stroke
    • 9,500 will have a new diagnosis of cancer
    • 60 will be diagnosed with multiple sclerosis
    • 14,000 will die

And the vaccines will have zero to do with any of them.

If we vaccinate 10 million people, or if we don’t …

In other words, stuff happens all the time. The fact that something happened after someone was vaccinated does not mean the vaccination caused it. However ...

Shingles, also called herpes zoster, is an infection caused by the same virus that causes chickenpox. Almost 1 in 3 people will have shingles at some point in their lives. ...

In some cases, the COVID-19 coronavirus does seem to reactivate the herpes zoster virus if a person already has had shingles or chickenpox. This can cause symptoms of shingles. ...

What we do not yet know is whether getting a COVID-19 vaccine or contracting SARS-CoV-2 might increase your risk for reactivating the virus that causes shingles.
    Healthline: Shingles and COVID-19.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.