• Ruby Viviana Ayers
    I am moving to SMA from Washington State. How can I get my ten USPS flat rate boxes to SMA cheaply? They have books and household things in them. Is anyone driving to SMA that I could mail them too and help pay for gas? How can I solve this challenge?
    Also which airport is it best to fly into to get to SMA?
    Gracias
  • Dagmar Bischoff Garfinkel
    I don't know about transporting your belongings, but Leon is the closest airport to SMA. We usually hire a service to pick us up there and take us to SMA -- charges for that run anywhere from $24/one way (BajioGo shuttle) to $75 (Bestur private driver).
  • Liz
    Depending on where you are flying from, QRO - Querétaro can be cheaper. The distance/time to SMA is about the same and the road is less winding. We use BajioGo for transportation to/from. The shared shuttle is nice, they are very reliable and the cost is about $25.

I would not mail anything that matters, as there is a good possibility that at least some of your boxes will get stuck in customs. There are services where you mail to TX and the service brings across, or yo can pay for extra bags/boxes on your flight. Liz
  • Rocky Long
    Ruby,
    I moved from WA two years ago and found a very reasonable way to ship boxes, which I used Greyhound and on line I found a site where I received a very large discount, sorry I forget the site but likely just google greyhound shipping. I shipped them to Laredo TX and then had a service pick them up at Greyhound and deliver them to my door for a reasonable charge. Humberto is the man.
    Rocky
  • Glenn Wilson
    Humberto is the man.

To contact Humberto at Mini Express, see:
    https://www.smafaq.com/discussion/13/how-do-you-get-your-u-s-mail-and-packages

I have only used them for new items with invoices. I'm not sure how they handle used items through customs.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.