• San Miguel wannabee
    Hi - is there any stipulation on how long you are required to stay in Mexico on a yearly basis as a permanent resident, in order to maintain the permanent resident statues? Thanks.
  • Glenn Wilson
    My understanding is that there is currently no requirement to be here at all. I have heard that there used to be a requirement but that no longer applies.

If you want to become a citizen, though, I believe that there are residency requirements for the time prior to your application so keep that in mind.

These things can change from time to time and I am not an expert so you might check with Diaz or Clement or Cadena (see the Links page under Services).
  • San Miguel wannabee
    Glenn - Thank you, I did read that for citizenship there's a requirement for a certain number of days residency.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.