• Glenn Wilson
    h2lu1tpvlas5vk29.jpg

Bonnie Lee Black wrote: Most of my friends know I spent this summer, metaphorically speaking, traveling with Paul Theroux, the modern-day travel literature legend. I can’t seem to get enough of his writing and the world I experience through his sensibilities.

Right now I’m with him in Costa Rica as he travels south from his hometown near Boston to the southern tip of South America in The Old Patagonian Express. This is the seventh book of his that I’ve read since June. At this rate, since he’s written well over thirty travel-related books and he, at eighty, is still writing more, I’ll be traveling with him for the rest of my life. Not an unpleasant thought.

I like the way he travels. Eschewing airlines and starred hotels, he chooses rickety old trains and humble pensions. He stays close to the ground and the people who live there. He strives to speak their language. He strikes up conversations with strangers, and he comes away with priceless human-interest stories to share. ...

Continue at The WOW Factor: On the Bus to the Tuesday Market. More #WOWFactor.

More Blogs from News Wire Mexico.

bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.