• Glenn Wilson
    m998ff911hakc8zw.jpg

Bonnie Lee Black wrote: Pat Hall can trace her passion for international travel and her lifelong hunger for learning foreign languages to this:

In 1960, as a timid young undergraduate college student from a small town in Ontario, Canada, who’d never really been anywhere, she applied for and won a full, one-year scholarship to the Sorbonne in Paris. That year abroad, learning fluent French, determined the trajectory of her life.

As she states in her 2020 memoir, Speak to Me: Travels and Exploits of a Language Lover, “My trip to Paris was a life-changing experience, and I have to thank my father for encouraging me to live a little on the wild side, as he had done all his life. When my year was up, I didn’t want to leave. … After Paris, I was ready to challenge the rest of the world.” ...

Continue at The WOW Factor: Pat Hall: Living in La Tercera Edad. More #WOWFactor.

More Blogs from News Wire Mexico.

bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.