• Glenn Wilson
    Soltribe Cuisine is a new restaurant in Colonia Guadalupe. We tried them for the first time Saturday and we liked the food so much, we had more on Tuesday.

Last Saturday I picked up some food to go. We tried the Chiken N Waffles, Buffalo wings, Nachos, Tacos, and Cheesecake. We loved everything.

Then this Tuesday we had some food delivered. We ordered the Zucchini Noodles al Pesto, Ceviche, and once again, we got the Nachos and Cheesecake.

The food was great! As for my favorite, I am torn between the Chiken N Waffles and the Zucchini Noodles al Pesto. I also loved the Ceviche.
    And the Nachos! I plan to order the nachos every time.
    And, of course, ... Cheesecake.

Comfort food. Sure, OK. But, magical?

Let's talk about the Chiken N Waffles.
    egm0reiaa6cozpyo.jpg
    Chiken N Waffles

The waffle was delicious, light and had a great texture. It came with a side of syrup that we didn't use because the waffle was so good without it. The fruit topping was plentiful fresh blueberries, strawberries, and I think (I should have made notes), a sprig of mint. The breaded, boneless fried chiken tied it all together.

But there is something else about the food ...
    7g61yx2o1syvsfwb.jpg
    Soltribe Cuisine is located in Colonia Guadalupe near Gil's Fruteria and next door to the Little Free Library. The Little Free Library always seemed a little magical to me. Of course, as everyone knows, books are magical.

Anyway, there is definitely magic next door in the workshop and restaurant known as Soltribe Cuisine. Inside Soltribe, the Creator and Executive Chef, Keshava Rossi and his crew transform raw ingredients into delightful comfort food. They do not use just any ingredients, though; everything is 100% plant based, 100% non-GMO and 100% gluten free. That's right! The chicken in the Chiken N Waffles is not chicken. No actual buffaloes were used in making the Buffalo Wings. The Ceviche? No actual fish. The incredible cheese sauce that comes with the nachos? All plant-based; no dairy and no cheese in the cheesecake.

As their website says, "Serving Conscious Vegan Comfort Food, Made From Scratch & Always Delicious."

Here are more photos of their delicious and beautiful food from their website.
    3j6xlm8n2vgb1mkk.jpg
    Buffalo Wings with or without Ceasar salad

ivhhj0xxdj6w7y2f.jpg
    Wild Mushroom Ceviche

bnkog7fkyark49py.jpg
    Baja Cauli Fish Tacos

d68oatnskcllohru.jpg
    Zucchini Noodles al Pesto

3ksdjg4p6g04saay.jpg
    Queso and Ranch Sauce

Not pictured, but do not miss, the Nachos! They come with a cheese sauce, black beans and some killer salsas!

Buffalo Wings was the weekly special last week and the Zucchini Noodles al Pesto is the weekly special this week.

You can dine in or get food to go or delivered.

Facebook | Website | Google Maps | Standard Menu
    Check the Facebook page for the weekly specials or other updates.

777rqfe1th4nv8j4.jpeg
    The Magician / Creator / Chef who transforms cauliflower into chiken.

Julián Carrillo 5A, Colonia Guadalupe
    37710 San Miguel de Allende, Gto.

Monday: Closed.
    Tuesday - Thursday: 1 pm - 8 pm.
    Friday - Sunday: 10 am - 8 pm.

English / Spanish
    +52 415 215 3574 Cellular and Whatsapp. (You can order delivery via Whatsapp.)
    +52 415 688 3881 Local.
    ~~~~~
    More in the SMAFAQ category Restaurants.

More in the SMAFAQ category Cooking.

• Lena
    What a super nice review, Glenn. I love Soultribe too and agree with your assessment. Having only a few doors down is quite a bonus for me. When you go again, stop in and say hi if you see my door open, ok?
  • Glenn Wilson
    Hey , Thanks for bringing magic with the Little Free Library!

For others reading this, if the above is not enough of a hint, Lena, in addition for sponsoring the Free Little Library, is local artist Lena Bartula, of La Huipilista Artspace just a "few doors down" from Soltribe Cuisine. Google Map. Lena is often featured on SMAFAQ, see #LenaBartula.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.