• Glenn Wilson
    Update: Registration open to 12 and older starting April 28.
    Guanajuato joins a new vaccination stage for 12-year-old boys and girls.
    vacunacion-para-ninos-y-ninas-de-12-anos-de-edad-720x600.jpeg
    Dolores Hidalgo CIN Gto. April 26, 2022 Jesús Neri Apart from the 9,000 who have already been vaccinated in this age range with protection in hand, and with the 14-year-old adolescents who have also already been vaccinated, there could be about 500,000 children of 12 who could be immunized in Guanajuato. The doctor ...
    TV Independencia (sp) | English.
    Published by TV Independencia at April 26, 2022 7:30 pm.

Update: Booster vaccine for people aged 40 to 59: Federal Government has already enabled the registry.

RQR5IYE3CRHMJCARJQHHYUYWTY.jpg
    The application of the third dose to the adult population is currently being concluded and will soon begin for teachers.
    Infobae (sp) | English.
    Published by Infobae at January 05, 2022 3:39 pm.

Update: The Undersecretary of Health, Hugo López-Gatell, reported that from now on the application of the booster vaccine against covid-19 will require prior registration to expedite the application of doses in vaccination centers. https://www.milenio.com/politica/registro-adultos-mayores-dosis-refuerzo-vacuna-covid
    To register for a booster, provide your CURP in the box that says:
    - I am 60 years of age or older and request a vaccination booster.
    (- Tengo 60 años o más y solicito el refuerzo de vacunación.)
    ... and follow the steps.

Make sure VPN is turned off. (More below.)

For the booster registration, when you are done, if you get a blank screen instead of starting a document downloading process, wait a few minutes and start the process over from the beginning. That happened to me and when I did it the second time it worked fine.

Download and print your booster registration document and bring it with you. It will look something like this:
    a8lwv6spzbwvyn0j.jpg

If you are having trouble registering for your booster, please go to Geek and Coffee https://www.facebook.com/geekandcoffee/.
    Their geek squad volunteers to help!
    Covid-19 SMA.

Update: Government enables booster vaccination registry for older adults.
    The government of Mexico enabled the registration of the booster vaccine against Covid-19 for adults over 60 years of age. A few days ago the Ministry of Health announced that a single dose of the AstraZeneca biological will be applied to those who have been immunized before June 2021.
    MSN | English.

Update: Friday began the registration for children under 15, 16 and 17 years for the vaccine against Covid-19.
    IMG_20211119_103635.jpg
    NATIONAL. - Today, Friday, November 19, registration begins for minors under 15, 16 and 17 years of age without comorbidities, who in the next few days wish to access the Covid-19 vaccine . Venues and dates will be announced in due course.
    News San Miguel (sp) | English.
    Published by News San Miguel at November 19, 2021 10:37 am.

Some of the text below may not reflect the newer updates of 15 and older or 12 and older with a comorbidity.

Update: Registration now also open for those 12-17 with a comorbidity.
    Update: Registration now open for those 18 or older.

They open registration to people between 30 and 39 years for anticovid vaccine.
    Vacunaci%C3%B3n-para-personas-de-30-a%C3%B1os
    The federal government announced that it has already started the registration for women and men between 30 and 39 years of age, to be vaccinated against SARS-COV-2 and they can do so on the official website https://mivacuna.salud.gob.mx/
    El Sol de Bajio (sp) | English.

Vaccination against COVID-19 begins in May for people aged 50 to 59 years.
    The Ministry of Health announced that during the first week of May the vaccination against COVID-19 of people aged 50 to 59 years begins; For this, as of this Wednesday, April 28, pre-registration can be made on the mivacuna.salud.gob.mx portal.
    Gobierno de México (sp) | English.
    ~~~~~
    If you are 40 30 or older you can register.
    If you are 18 or older and 9 weeks or more pregnant, you can register. See: COVID-19 vaccine and pregnancy.
    ~~~~~
    These instructions are based largely on the first round (60+) and there may be some changes. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions please comment on this post below or email me at

For additional background, also see How to register for the Covid Vaccine in Mexico - Now Open for 60+ year olds.
    ~~~~~
    Three quick tips if you have issues registering:
    • Turn off VPN. <<-- Important.
    • Try a different browser.
    • Don't translate the site.
    More on those below.
    ~~~~~
    You can go to Geeks & Coffee Monday-Friday 10am- 2pm through September (but not after). They will help you at no cost.
    Bring your CURP with you.
    Calz de La Aurora Local 3, Santa Cecilia
    ~~~~~
    The registration for the vaccination against COVID of those 40+ has started.
    You want to get your name on the list, but it is not "first registered, first vaccinated." Registering and printing the confirmation can speed your process at vaccination time.

Each and every older adult is going to be vaccinated, they do not need to reserve their place in line. ... some people thought that the order in which they were registered would be the order in which they would be vaccinated. Don't think that, because it would be wrong. The order in which they appear at registration time has nothing to do with the order in which they are vaccinated.Hugo López-Gatell

Background
    To register for the Covid Vaccine in Mexico currently requires a CURP number. Residents (permanent and temporary) and citizens have a CURP number. Those on a tourist visa do not. Those without a CURP can not register, but as we saw in the previous round, many people without a CURP were able to get vaccinated.

Before you start, you need to have your CURP number. I suggest you review the section Locating and verifying your CURP below. You will also need a Mexican phone number (you must enter 10 digits so there is no room to enter a country code) where you or someone you trust can later take a call for you with your appointment information.

If this is your first time here, read through this entire post before you start.
    ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~
    Basic instructions from the wonderful folks at Covid-19 SMA
    1. Enter the page https://mivacuna.salud.gob.mx/
    2. Enter your CURP. In case you don't know it or don't have it on hand, first follow instructions
    later in this tutorial on “Locating and Printing Your CURP”
    3. Verify that your data is correct.
    4. Select the option "I want to be vaccinated."
    More ...

Read through all of the steps at this link before you start. Instructions are from the wonderful folks at Covid-19 SMA ... Vaccine Registration Instructions. | Español.
    These instructions mention a 'Guardar' button. That is no longer there. When you have registered and get a confirmation screen, copy it, take a screen shot or otherwise save that information -- you may need it later.

Also, tap the Comprobante ('Voucher') button to get a pdf file with the confirmation information. Save and print this file -- you will need it when you go for the vaccine.
    ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~
    If you can not open the website or get an error like '403 Forbidden' it is may be because it is saturated or offline for maintenance ... try again later. Except if you get '403 Forbidden' and have VPN turned on, turn it off and try again.

Which vaccine will I get?
    We don't know at this time which vaccine will be used for any particular person, place or date.

What does it mean to be registered?
    It means that you are on the list.

Turn off VPN. Confirmed.
    I've seen a couple of reports that people are not able to access the website with VPN turned on. I did several tests and that seems to be the case (I got '403 Forbidden' errors with VPN on and did not with it off). If you do not know what VPN is, this probably (?) does not apply to you. Someone would have had to set it up. A VPN creates a secure connection between your computer and the internet and hides your IP address / location. This is commonly used here to watch movies and use other US restricted services that are otherwise not allowed here.

I have also seen '403 Forbidden' errors without VPN enabled.

Note that even when I set the VPN location to be within Mexico it did not work -- I got a '403 forbidden' error. Turning VPN off, fixed that.

Switch Browsers. Maybe.
    If you've been using the site and it has not been working, some have reported that switching to a different browser or a different device has helped. I have seen reports of these browsers working: Brave, Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Safari. Even if you are using one of these, the idea is to try using a different browser if one has not worked for a while.

On the other hand, there are also reports that the site just started working without changing browsers (that was my experience).

Don't translate the site. Maybe.
    I've seen a couple of suggestions that translating the site in your browser may cause an issue. I don't know if that's the case but, if you are having issues with the site translated, try using it without translation.

Locating and verifying your CURP.
    It doesn't seem to like my CURP or thinks I'm not 40+. What should I do?
    The number is on your Mexican Driver's License and Permanent or Temporary Resident Card. At least it is on mine.

Make sure you entered the CURP correctly including getting Ohs and Zeros right ('O' versus '0'; letter versus number) right. One way to do that is to copy and paste it from someplace else where it is correct. Letters versus numbers is only an issue for the last two digits of the CURP which can be either numbers or letters. The web site currently validates that the other positions are of the right type (numbers versus letters). Still, copy and paste is a good way to make sure the whole thing is right.

To get a good version to copy-and-paste from and to locate and verify that you have the right CURP (and that it is in the system), try going to the Check Your Curp site. You can type in your CURP or find it by using your Personal Data (name, date of birth, etc). See Locating and Printing Your Mexican CURP, including the comments, for instructions.

Once you do that and have verified that your CURP is correct, try using that (copy-n-paste for best results). If that still gives you an error about your CURP then I think it is an error in the system and, for now, I would hope the error gets fixed and I would try again tomorrow.

San Miguel de Allende (or my city) is not an option.
    Select the State/Entity from the dropdown first (Guanajuato for folks in SMA), then select the Municipality. It may take a moment for the list of Municipalities to load -- they will change based on the state selected.

Just to be clear, order matters. You must select the State/Entity first. The list of cities in the list depends upon the state being selected.

Here is how I filled out the Location section (Entity/State and Municipality are selected from the dropdowns). Select Entity/State before Municipality.

I typed in my CP (for where I live in San Rafael):
    fbq2qfwuj80r9kdj.jpg

I forgot to get a PDF file / Voucher / Confirmation. Can I get one now?
    Yes. If you registered successfully, go back to the site, enter your CURP, do the robot thing, press Confirmar CURP and your confirmation will come right up (if the site is not overloaded).
    Then press Comprobante ('Voucher') button to get a pdf file with the confirmation information.

I registered for over 60 but did not get it. Do I have to register again?
    No, as I understand it you don't need to register again and can't register again. But to make sure ...

You can verify that you are already entered in the system by returning to the site and entering your CURP. It will tell you if you are already registered. https://mivacuna.salud.gob.mx/index.php . While there, you can also get your registration information downloaded and printed if you have not already done so.

If it does not show you as already registered, proceed with the registration.

Questions?
    I'll help if I can. Leave a comment or email me at .

More in the category Health and Medical.

Register or sign up for our daily email digest.
  • Glenn Wilson
    Update: Registration now open for those 18 or older.
  • Glenn Wilson
    Update: Government enables booster vaccination registry for older adults
  • Paulette M Quann
    Do you know if Mexico.SMA will offer a Pfizer booster in the future?
  • Glenn Wilson
    Booster vaccine for people aged 40 to 59: Federal Government has already enabled the registry.
    RQR5IYE3CRHMJCARJQHHYUYWTY.jpg
    The application of the third dose to the adult population is currently being concluded and will soon begin for teachers.
    Infobae (sp) | English.
    Published by Infobae at January 05, 2022 3:39 pm.
  • Glenn Wilson
    Sorry, I didn't see your question earlier. You never know what might happen but I expect Mexico to reserve Pfizer vaccines for those under 18 as it is currently the only vaccine approved for minors in Mexico. So, I would not expect that, at least not anytime soon.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.