• Glenn Wilson
    map.png

Mexpatriate Steve wrote: Here we go again.

If you live in Mexico, tonight (last night) is the night most of us will set our clocks one hour forward. (Or, if you are the type of person who mourns the death of the subjunctive, you can move that hour hand forward at the official time of 2:00 AM. I will personally be doing something far more productive.) Daylight saving time is once again upon us.

I say "most of us" because two of Mexico's states (Sonora and Quintana Roo) do not participate in this annual hokey-pokey in honor of Chronos. Sonora does not play because its economic partner Arizona doesn't. That is the usual justification. I suspect they do not play because the last thing desert states need is a saving of daylight. Ranchers are practical folk. ...

More at mexpatriate — in the key of steve: giving away time. More #mexpatriate.

More in the category Art, Literature, Museums, Music, and Theaters.

bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.