• Pain in homicide victims families,
    • Homicide Rates on Pace for Record-Breaking Year,
    • RV Park; Trolley Tour and Botanical Garden,
    • Portals part of the identity of a town,
    • Flood of 1973,
    • Yucatan Green Gold Era,
    • Waiter there's a crab in my hubris.

All public transport dealers are called to an urgent meeting
    All concessionaires of all urban-type public transport lines are called to a meeting with President Luis Alberto Villareal on Tuesday at the presidency offices to discuss very important issues.

The topics to be discussed are: ... Increase of rates for the passage of foreigners.
    All public transport dealers are called to an urgent meeting (sp).
    See also: URGENT! If you are a public transport concessionaire in SMA, this Tuesday there is a meeting (sp).
    (If this is about foreigners paying more for a local bus I am curious about the logistics.)

Hoteliers and restaurant workers are trained in security matters in the state of Gto
    The #SSPEG Together with the hotel sector and service providers, they work together to train them within the Business Prevention Units Program. The Secretariat of @SeguridadGto of the State formed #replicadores for #capacitar to staff.
    The hotel sector and service providers of the entity work together with the Secretary of Public Security of the State, through the Subsecretariat of Prevention, in order to train staff to train replicators of social prevention in their Business. Derived from the agreement signed between the hotel sector and the [...]
    Hoteliers and restaurant workers are trained in security matters in the state of Gto (sp).

Victims of homicide in Guanajuato leave a trace of pain in their families
    Beyond the cold and rising numbers of murders, violence, both common and federal, has a negative and long-term impact on the physical and mental health of those left behind.
    Victims of homicide in Guanajuato leave a trace of pain in their families (sp).

Homicide Rates on Pace for Record-Breaking Year
    Mexico is on pace to have the deadliest year on record, according to data released in mid-July by Mexico’s Secretary General of National Public Security (Secretariado Ejecutivo del Sistema Nacional de Seguridad Pública, SESNSP).
    Homicide Rates on Pace for Record-Breaking Year.

RV Park Living in San Miguel de Allende, Trolley Tour of the City, and Hiking the Botanical Garden
    We finally got to go on the Trolley Tour of San Miguel de Allende! On our third attempt, we arrived early enough to purchase a ticket before they sold out. We had to settle for a Spanish-only tour as there is only one bilingual tour per day in July, but it was fine. It was actually good practice for me to learn to hear Spanish and Jon could interpret most of the information that I couldn’t understand.
    RV Park Living in San Miguel de Allende, Trolley Tour of the City, and Hiking the Botanical Garden.

Portals, part of the identity of a town
    Sureste.- portals Southeast have given shelter to its inhabitants and visitors. These emerged to offer consumers a comfortable place where they could sit, protect themselves from the sun and rain and do their shopping.

The archaeologist and restaurateur, Leonardo Amezcua Ornelas, said the portals are part of the identity of a town. He added that in the south all cities retain their portals including Moroleón, Uriangato and Salvatierra.
    Portals, part of the identity of a town (sp).

Flood of 1973: a 'rescued' tragedy
    Irapuato.- The flood of Irapuato in 1973 cannot be remembered without the man who was key for all of Mexico to know about the tragedy that marked the lives of the Irapuatenses.

That man was Roberto Domínguez Herrera, who at 93 years old remembers that at that time he just formed the Civil Protection unit in Irapuato with eight elements in total, who during the flood had to work without knowing for sure what to do to help as many people as possible.
    Flood of 1973: a 'rescued' tragedy (sp).

Yucatan Green Gold Era
    Sotuta de Peón, once one of the largest hacienda plantations for the production of natural fiber rope, was established in the 1800s just outside of Merida, Mexico. This is where henequen, or Green Gold, was produced from the fiber of agave plants and woven into rope.

The decline of this industry was caused by the increase in popularity of synthetic materials for rope making after WWII. Today, Sotuta de Peón is a living museum having been restored from its abandoned state over 25 years ago.
    Would you like to know all about the ‘Yucatan Green Gold Era’ ?

Waiter, there's a crab in my hubris
    I should know better.

Actually, I do know better -- but I go ahead and do it any way.

Basking in hubris may feel good. But it always comes with a price. And, for a writer, there is no escaping the checkout counter.

Last Saturday, in crabby on the half shell, I related a tale of how certain portions of town are in the midst of crab migration season. If you live in their path, it is a bit like being a spear carrier in a Cecil B. DeMille Bible epic. I think the plague of crabs was somewhere between the frogs and the flies.
    mexpatriate — in the key of steve waiter, there's a crab in my hubris.

Google translations. News sites and Facebook pages are on our Links page.

More in the category News and Views.

Register or sign up for our daily email digest.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.