• Glenn Wilson
    Don Day Once a king, always a king

... I liked just about everyone’s version of Chicken à la King. And I desperately wanted to taste it again. ... I had to smooth-talk my personal chef into creating my long lost pleasure.

“Honey, did you like Chicken à la King?” ...

I brought home coral colored lilies the next day for Don Day’s Wife. Stage two in the seduction would be the emailing of a possible recipe. But which one?

Don Day Once a king, always a king.

Chicken a la king is made up of chicken breast cooked in a luscious cream sauce, and flavored with fresh mushrooms and bell peppers. You can serve it over rice, pasta, or crusty bread. You can also use it as a filling for homemade empanadas!

Yummy Chicken a la King.

This easy chicken a la king is the perfect way to use up some leftover chicken while at the same time making an incredibly good tasting dinner.

Cooking Perfected Creamy Easy Chicken a la King.

Chicken a la King is an old fashioned recipe popular in the 1960s made with chicken, colored bell peppers, and mushrooms in a cream sherry sauce.

The recipe began appearing in cookbooks and magazines into the 1970s.

This gourmet dish was served in many fine restaurants.

Old Fashioned Recipes Chicken a la King.

More in the category Cooking.

Register or sign up for our daily email digest.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.