• Glenn Wilson
    Pam Walters: I have to admit that when I first contacted local photographer Jon Welsh for an interview, I intended to have some fun with him, at his expense. Jon frequently posts photos on SMA’s Civil List. These shots, taken on his morning strolls, are of facades of buildings: doors, windows, the occasional tree or flowering plant that might be affixed to a building. The images are exquisite.

But here’s the thing, the thumbnail photo of him that identifies his posts is… well… of a gorgeous older guy with a smoldering look on his face. Be still my heart. Then I noticed that I wasn’t the only female bewitched by his photography and his picture. It seems that 90% of his followers are women oohing and aahing over the images. I thought of the old “hot photographer” syndrome.

The chip on my shoulder about photographers dates back to my early years as an ad agency creative director. Back then creative people worked in teams. I was the copywriter. Copywriters were primarily female and dressed conservatively. Copywriters were partnered with an art director. This role was usually played by a guy. We’d collaborate on most aspects of TV and print production, but the copywriter usually took the lead when it came to music, and the art director was in charge of visuals – including working with photographers.

Continue reading at Lokkal A Hotshot Photographer by Pam Walters. More #Lokkal.

If you are a member of the San Miguel de Allende Civil List Facebook group, you can see some of Jon Welsh's photos there in this Facebook search: Jon Welsh.

More in the category Art, Literature, Museums, Music, and Theaters.

Register or sign up for our daily email digest.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.