• Glenn Wilson
    Barry Ritholtz wrote: The original owner of this 1976 Datsun 280Z drove the car 350 miles before partial disassembling and storing the vehicle for over 40 years. He sold it last year, and has since been “refreshed.” The new owner added five miles, displaying an essentially brand new car at ZCON 2020 festival in Nashville, Tennessee.

Considered one of the most successful sports car lines ever produced, it was designed by a team led by Yoshihiko Matsuo, the head of Nissan’s Sports Car Styling Studio, with the bodywork styled by Albrecht Goertz, the designer of the BMW 507. ...

The MSRP of these cars in 1976 was $6,669. Depending upon the condition, they sell from $20-40k or more. Adjusted for CPI inflation since 1976, that $6,669 in 2020 would be $30,518.94 today. Hence, after the cost of storage, this essentially brand new version below sold for $140,000 yesterday, netting a real profit of $100,000+. ...

1-1.jpg

More at The Big Picture: 1976 Datsun 280Z. More #BigPicture.

More Blogs from News Wire Mexico.

More in the SMAFAQ category Art, Literature, Museums, Music, and Theaters.

• Garry Tanner
    This is an interesting story but confusing. Is it for sale on 11/20/20 or is this a story about its recent sale. And if it is for sale what is the price. It is interesting to learn about what it should have sold for, what it did sell for, and what it might sell for now. But let's get down to brass tacks. Is it for sale, and if so, how much.
  • Glenn Wilson
    It was recently sold ...
    From above: "Hence, after the cost of storage, this essentially brand new version below sold for $140,000 yesterday, netting a real profit of $100,000+."

and, ... More at The Big Picture: 1976 Datsun 280Z.
  • Jan Rife
    I had a 1976 Datsun 280Z -- first NEW car I ever bought. I wanted to buy an automatic version, but the salesman was, "NO WAY!" I said, "but I didn't know how to drive a stick shift," and he said, "no problem. I'm going to teach you how." So I paid for the car, and we took off. With me in the driver's seat and him in the passenger seat, we drove for hours, a couple hundred miles, around the hills and mountains surrounding San Diego. By sunset I had it down pat. Dropped him off, with many thanks, and headed off to meet my friends at the beach. I still remember how amazed and delighted I was that I could actually drive that car. Kept it for 14 years. Many sweet memories...
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.