• Glenn Wilson
    C8ECC278-B157-4BB1-839D-F08AA71BECC3.jpeg?fit=1024%2C768&ssl=1

Ria Talken wrote: CRAMMED!! And Miserable.

That is what we were. Our Leon to Tijuana flight was almost full, mine returning to Leon from Oakland; not an empty seat anywhere.

There was no social distancing, although we tried to create some space around us. They say flights should be safe. The filters used, I guess. But being at an airport or on a plane is just not what we should do right now. ...

Continue at Our Prime of Life: Just Don’t Fly, The Petrie Dish Of Travel. More #OurPrimeOfLife.

More Blogs from News Wire Mexico.

More in the SMAFAQ category Art, Literature, Museums, Music, and Theaters.

Register or sign up for our daily email digest.
  • Patrice Wynne
    Rita, I just flew in on Volaris, too, on Sunday night and had the exact same experience. Both airports were nightmares, Oakland and Leon, people crammed every step of the way. I flew out on United from Queretaro and it was a very different experience. The Queretaro airport follows protocols, mostly, until boarding where it got crammed. Like you, I intend to not fly again until this scourge is over and vaccines make living safe again.
  • Patrick Doyle
    Wow. We have completed several flights domestic in the USA and International to/from Mexico and we feel significantly safer on an airliner these days than going to the Mega for example. Not been our experience.
  • Ria Talken
    Some responses to my blog post on the blog site are saying that the airline has mattered, just like you said. Maybe Volaris needs to up its game and be more proactive about how much they fill their flights. The airports are a matter entirely and I am glad to hear Queretaro was better for you. They were the places I most freaked out in. Once my husband gets home, we will wait till the vaccine. Then, we will be hightailing to the airport to start our traveling again.
  • Ria Talken
    Hi there, can you let us know what airlines and airports you travel in/with? Good to know some people are having decent experiences.
  • Patrick Doyle
    Reno, Houston, Denver, Newark, Tampa, Miami, San Francisco, Sydney, Melbourne & Queretaro all on United. United is doing a stellar job with this. Most airports had maybe 10% of normal, maybe not even that much. Monday it will be Leon and San Jose del Cabo on Volaris.

If you take a short haul domestic it's likely going to be an Express Jet and with 48-72 passenger capacity, it's going to be more crowded.
  • Patrice Wynne
    Rita, I’ve heard about crowded conditions on United, though my flight was empty. Southwest has a policy of middle seat free and the flight was nearly empty going to Oakland from Alburquerque. All but one airport was crowded in the US and without social distancing that I flew into and out of: Houston, Denver, Oakland. Alburquerque was the exception.
  • Ria Talken
    It is starting to look almost like luck of the draw. Perhaps the time of day? Maybe ours was full because of the holidays coming up. I can go by our experience which was airport and airline not doing great at their job. So glad yours was better.
  • Ria Talken
    So glad to hear this. Ours wasn't the commuter flights. Unfortunately, Volaris is the easiest airline to get to the airports we needed. Being small airports there just wasn't a lot of space for social distancing. Enjoy Cabo.
  • Tom Hammer
    I wish this article weren't showing up every morning in SMA FAQs
  • Glenn Wilson
    It is showing up because new replies add it to the list of posts included in the SMAFAQ email so people can see / notice the new replies.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.