• Glenn Wilson
    TOSMA: Tianguis Orgánico San Miguel de Allende.

Anagha: When I shared that I was going to San Miguel de Allende, my friend Susie told me about this organic market that’s held every Saturday, so the first thing on the agenda was just that.

There was a stall that was selling the legit local food, fresh corn tortillas cooked on the comal, stuffed with your choice of filling. Fresh tortillas were being made with such amazing skill that one could not [help but] stop and watch it, it was very therapeutic. The fillings ranged from some classics like nopal, pumpkin flowers to some garbanzo, pork stew and so much more. I was salivating just looking at it.

There were some fantastic products for sale. Mexican Vanilla, cinnamon and even some spice mixes like Mole etc. It was just incredible to see so many complex flavors of spices combined beautifully in a paste ready to use. I also picked up some of the vanilla beans, can’t wait to cook with it. The cinnamon you get here is different from the Cylon variety.

Read the whole thing, view the pics and video at The Saffron Touch TOSMA or Mercado Sano.

TOSMA farmer 's market is a point of marketing, social coexistence, education and food tasting is held every Saturday, this being the place where you can find the products, goods and services that the different members of the organization generates.

TOSMA farmers ' market is an organization that seeks to promote and develop a culture of production in harmony with the environment, so that brings together individuals and organizations engaged in the production, harvesting and food processing, handicrafts and household agricultural not environmentally and in their production processes guaranteed and exercised human and animal rights.

About TOSMA

Google Map | Trip Advisor | Website

The TOSMA market is located outside at Mercado Sano. Hours are for TOSMA.
    Sat 9 am - 4 pm

Ancha de San Antonio 123, Zona Centro,
    37750 San Miguel de Allende, Gto.

(415) 152 2469

Mercado Sano is open seven days per week.
    Sun 9 am - 5 pm
    Mon - Sat 9 am - 7 pm
    (415) 152 7911

Register or sign up for our daily email digest.
    1573912800_1573938000_W_T_CWeekly0
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.