• Glenn Wilson
    I had heard about Juan's Cafe some time ago. "A nice coffee shop and restaurant across from the Biblioteca." I know where La Biblioteca is and I've been there or passed by on Insurgentes a number of times. I would often remember to keep an eye out for Juan's. But I never saw it.

La Biblioteca is on a corner. The front faces Insurgentes and the side faces Reloj. Juan's Cafe is on Reloj across from La Biblioteca. Reloj, not Insurgentes. Armed with that bit of information it is pretty easy to find.

They have a breakfast special for $115 pesos that includes your choice of various egg dishes, plus a small fruit plate, small orange juice and coffee. Here are some of their other menu items:

ooncpoo9x6skgo42.jpg

wytdju9p5qx6ppe4.jpg
    There is also a more extensive printed menu.

I asked if they had anything vegan and they suggested refried beans, breakfast potatoes and vegetables. I got the "special" version so it included the fruit plate, orange juice and coffee. And a choice of bread or tortillas.

22w4xi4cf9t98ofi.jpg

I went with the tortillas. After I ordered, another table's bread order passed by my table. The bread looked and smelled great. My tortillas and food were good. The coffee was piping hot and flavorful.

Google Maps | Trip Advisor

Sun 9 am - 3 pm
    Mon - Sat 9 am - 5 pm

Reloj 37, Centro,
    San Miguel de Allende 37729, Mexico

(415) 152 2332

More in the category Restaurants.

Register or sign up for our daily email digest.
  • Dagmar Bischoff Garfinkel
    It's great food, you can always find interesting and like-minded people there, and Juan is a gem. No, I'm not getting paid for this, Juan doesn't even know me. But I sure love the place and the "attitude".
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.