• Glenn Wilson
    Barry Ritholtz wrote: During October, I like to focus on the cars I would be happy to put in my garage and drive. I have admired the Chevy Corvette Stingray from afar, but never really thought of owning one. Plastic (fiberglass) where steel and aluminum should be, tending towards creaky, rattles and other issues.

Except the second generation (C2) the Corvette split rear window coupe. This model was the first-ever production Corvette coupe with a fastback body. The split window C2s like the one below were only made in 1963; the rest of the C2 models running through 1967 had a single wraparound piece of glass for better rear visibility.

To me, this is simply the most striking Vette ever made. There is something about this car that is just indescribably beautiful. The lines, curves, the profile, all still looks strikingly modern and well balanced. I could also happily live with a C2 convertible if I had to, even though the open top car loses many of the beautiful lines and curves of the coupe. ...

8.jpg

More at The Big Picture: 1963 Corvette Stingray Split Window Coupe. More #BigPicture.

More Blogs from News Wire Mexico.

More in the SMAFAQ category Art, Literature, Museums, Music, and Theaters.

bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.