• Glenn Wilson
    combo.png

Mexpatriate Steve: "I just spent four years of my life and a lot of money to graduate from university. I cannot find a job. Even if I did, it would pay less than if I had avoided university all together."

The rant is hypothetical. But it is based on the facts reported from a recent study: "University grads earn 10,400 pesos per month on average."

Of course, the article could have been referring to university graduates in almost any country. They are all struggling to find employment. It is the call of the wildly disillusioned.

It was the bemoaned income that caught my eye. Being the parent of a son looking forward to dental school, I pay attention to headlines like these. The study found that for the 43.5% of graduates who were lucky enough to find employment, their average monthly salary was $10,400 (MX). That translates to less than $470 (US) a month. For a university graduate. ...

More at mexpatriate — in the key of steve: dis-satisfied students keep politicians awake at night. More #mexpatriate.

More Blogs from News Wire Mexico.

More in the SMAFAQ category Art, Literature, Museums, Music, and Theaters.

bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.