• Glenn Wilson
    We went to Nectar on Sunday and got there just before noon. The restaurant is tucked away in a beautiful courtyard garden inside a store. Hummingbirds and other birds frequently flit about and visit the many feeders. The store is Camino Silvestre and they sell the feeders, and art, books, clothes, gardening tools and other gift items. You can see more information about the store at their website.

zck57shpkwvub8yl.jpg

The menu is a delight if you avoid meat; almost everything is vegan or vegetarian. And there is enough choice to satisfy most diners, unless you are determined to eat meat.

I ordered the Molletes (vegan). They came with refried beans, tomato and avocado and red sauce and vegan "sour cream" on the side. $100 pesos. Fantastic! I will have these again.

iolusfl8a810gmqn.jpg

Organic egg and Swiss Chard Fritatta with avocado and Irish tomato relish (vegetarian). I did not try this but understand it was great. $100 pesos.

jet4u0jvuzckbgw9.jpg

Fruit bowl (vegan, gluten-free). Fresh and ripe. $55 pesos.

lje2zgvy0get418h.jpg

The Tamales (vegan) were served with black beans and tomato salsa on the side. $90 pesos.

redda9j4e2d1sqbr.jpg

Cranberry and Raisin Scones (vegetarian and gluten-free). $95 pesos.

qumg68zhfu23sro2.jpg

I will definitely be back. On future visits I want to try the enchiladas $110, vegan pozole $110, and vegan "hamburger sliders" $135. I've also had the chilaquiles ($110) before and they were quite tasty.

Google Maps | Trip Advisor | Happy Cow | Website

Tea
    Mon - Sat 9 am - 6 pm
    Sun 10 am - 3 pm

Breakfast
    Mon - Sat 9 am - noon
    Sun 10 am - noon

Lunch
    Mon - Sat noon - 5 pm
    Sun noon - 3 pm

Located in Camino Silvestre Casa
    Correo # 43
    Centro, Corner of Correo and Chiquitos,
    San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico

More in the category Restaurants.

Register or sign up for our daily email digest.
  • Glenn Wilson
    I returned this week to try more of their menu and the server confirmed that they enchiladas are vegan. They are three for $110 pesos and there are three styles. I got the trio which is one of each.

o7skfckqfmy8gqci.jpg

Enfrijoladas - Dipped in black bean sauce and filled with potatoes and carrots.
    Enchiladas with Nectar red salsa - filled with potatoes and carrots. San Miguel Style.
    Swiss Enchiladas - Covered with a mild mixed chili sauce and filled with vegan gouda cheese.

Served with a side salad and black beans. Delicious!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.