• Glenn Wilson
    curpfinal3-1024x576.png

Qroo Paul wrote: This past week Linda and I renewed our driver’s licenses in Tulum, Mexico. The renewal process involved submitting copies of all the same paperwork that was required to get the license in the first place: passport, resident card, driver’s license, proof of address (CFE bill) and CURP.

There are other times when it’s useful to know how to locate and print one’s CURP, so I thought I would do a post on it. Mostly so I can find the information in the future when I have to print it out again for some reason.

I realize that the majority of our readers have no idea what a CURP even is, so I’ll start there. ...

Read the whole post from Qroo Paul at Locating and Printing Your Mexican CURP. More #QrooPaul.

See also: Check your CURP. (Site to check / print your CURP).

More in the category Transportation and Travel.

Register or sign up for our daily email digest.
  • Glenn Wilson
    Residents (permanent and temporary) and citizens have a CURP number. Those on a tourist visa do not. The number is on your Mexican Driver's License and Permanent or Temporary Resident Card. At least it is on mine.

On the Check your CURP website ...

If you have your CURP number and want to verify it and / or produce the CURP document:
    Type it in and if that works and it shows your data then you have the right value.

If that did not work or you do not have your CURP:
    Select Datos Personales and enter your personal data to pull up your CURP. For me, the Nombre is my first and middle names, Primer apellido is my last name and Segundo apellido is blank. Estado is state of birth, which is for me, 'Nacido en el extranjero' from the dropdown.
    ~~~~~
    Don't use accents when entering data and upper / lower case differences don't matter.
    CURP: step by step to obtain the key on the internet. (sp) | English.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.