• Glenn Wilson
    "That's so rude!" exclaims my seven-year-old son as the bull's body slams into the ground. The powerful animal lies unnaturally still, stretched taut by one lariat around his horns and another around his hind legs. The other end of each rope is in the hands of an expert cowboy, wound firmly around the pommel of his saddle. Each cowboy sits astride a beautiful horse with practiced ease, looking like perfectly cast extras in a Marlboro commercial from the late eighties. Next to my son, our friend Sam chuckles at his indignation.

"Yes, how rude,” Sam agrees. "But you know, the bull is going to be fine, I promise. I know these cowboys, and these bulls are really like their pets. They don't want to hurt their pets."
    "Really?" asks Tristan, clearly unconvinced.

Continue reading in Lokkal, Poker Faces by Ann Marie Jackson.

More in the category Art, Literature, Museums, Music, and Theaters.

Register or sign up for our daily email digest.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.