• Glenn Wilson
    "I’ll be honest. I freaking loved Speedy Gonzales as a kid with that “Arriba, Arriba, Andale, Andale” shit! Little mouse with a big ass hat that he never lost even when he was zooming around at 100 km/hr. He was my first introduction to rodents, Mexican culture, Spanish slogans, hot nasty badass speed and of course, Sombreros."

"Speedy was a cutie and all, but the history of Sombreros in México goes back over 500 years and is steeped in tradition, functionality and rebellion. Sombreros are those wide brimmed hats made of straw, felt or velvet that are now an icon of Mexican culture. For reals, you show up at any party, wedding or funeral wearing a Sombrero and you’ve just turned it into a full-blown fiesta."

Continue reading at Sombreros…Shading Muchachos for Over 500 Years!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.