• Glenn Wilson
    Update Nov 13, 2019: Nicasio Comedor has closed. Their sign is down and TripAdvisor reports that they are closed: TripAdvisor.

"The stuffed avocado at Nicasio in San Miguel de Allende turns Mexican tradition inside out."

"Nicasio Comedor in San Miguel de Allende ... is one of those restaurants I dream of stumbling upon while vacationing. The food was vibrant, creative, and jazzed up with unexpected twists, while the warm, personable service made me feel like I was dining in someone’s home. ...

Their aguacate relleno (stuffed avocado) is one of their most beloved dishes–and a perfect encapsulation of their vision. ... he wanted to showcase the savory fruit alongside unconventional flavors and textures. Using half as a bowl, they line the bottom with slender slices of Serrano and fill it with creamy spinach amped up with Parmesan. On top is a smattering of locally sourced pancetta, surprisingly tossed in maple syrup. “I wanted something woody and smoky, not just sweet,” says Nicacio. “Plus, everyone loves bacon with maple, so this is an elegant twist.”

Nicasio’s Stuffed Avocado Turns Mexican Tradition Inside Out

"There are very few things on Nicasio’s current menu (it changes monthly) that you won’t find in a lot of the classic Mexican restaurants in San Miguel, places like El Correo, Don Tomás, Los Milagros or El Pegaso. What you will find though is a little tweak here, an extra ingredient there, and artistic plating that rivals the not so classic Mexican restaurants in San Miguel, places like Moxi, Aperi or Nomada.

It’s nicely located, less than two blocks from the jardin, San Miguel’s social center, but it does require climbing a flight of stairs which will hurt some of the walk-in traffic."

Don Day: Nicasio. Common things, done uncommonly well.

I have never eaten there and would love to hear your thoughts and opinions.

Google Maps | Trip Advisor | Facebook

Sun 9 am - 2 pm
    Mon 9 am - 12:30 pm, 1 pm - 7 pm
    Tues Closed
    Wed - Sat 9 am - 12:30 pm, 1 pm - 7 pm

Hidalgo 28, Centro, San Miguel de Allende, Gto.
    (415) 116 4654
    (415) 177 9203

ivrrrcmfpgjrwt6c.jpg

More in the category Restaurants.

Register or sign up for our daily email digest.
  • Tom Switser
    I love Nicasio! The owner/chefs are always there to greet you and provide a great experience. They take pride in their inventive menu which though small, has something for everybody!
  • Glenn Wilson
    We just had breakfast at Nicasio Comedor for the first time. Everything was delicious and the service was quite good.

Here is the menu for Sunday June 30, 2019 and our dishes.

kg6xdzcanrhw7r47.jpg

Chilaquiles verde (without egg or cheese).

e8gc8g8oy3uvp4b4.jpg

Omelette

w9nq59biqiwp4ruv.jpg

Huevo con trufa

u63rrownd0nblmgn.jpg

Sincronizada

oki4yjc6s5ni7d3s.jpg
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.