• Glenn Wilson
    6F0DFCF6-FE6A-4DF1-92A0-B84435C6018C.jpeg?resize=691%2C492

Don Day: My name is Don Day and I am a chocoholic. I have been clean now for 11 hours and 35 minutes. I have not touched a single brown beauty since I lay in bed last night reading Like Water For Chocolate and hoovered the entire 250 gram bar of Cadbury’s Fruit & Nut that a most thoughtful person gifted me on my birthday. I have tried so hard to follow the 12-step program but I have found that the only steps I take always take me closer to the cupboard where Don Day’s Wife attempts to hide the chocolate.

The moment this pandemic is over (or, perhaps, almost over) I will be returning to San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, where the temptations will grow wilder and stronger. For Mexico is not only my favorite winter home but the year ’round home of my favorite chocolate.

I still remember my final day in San Miguel back in March. Don Day’s Wife was packing up the kitchen and said to me, “You know what you forgot don’t you?” Wives ask questions like that knowing men have no clue what they forgot or they wouldn’t have forgotten it in the first place. And it’s always “what you forgot” never “what we forgot”. ...

Continue at Don Day in SMA: “No Mom, it really doesn’t cause acne.” More #DonDay.

More in the category Restaurants.

More in the category Cooking.

Register or sign up for our daily email digest.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.