• Glenn Wilson
    Instant Pot has changed my life. I am not talking about a marijuana motorcycle delivery service.

I mean this Instant Pot: the pressure cooker...
    i5da0lw5mw9vptmu.jpg
    ...and "10-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Cake Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and Sterilizer."

About a year ago I wrote about the difficultly I had with getting my gas stove, here in San Miguel de Allende, to a low enough setting to simmer in Can you simmer?

To get around that issue we tried using a pressure cooker. That was an improvement but it still needed to be watched and fiddled with while cooking because the stove would not go low enough. As a work around, we got a small electric hot plate that goes low enough to simmer. That was a big help for some dishes.

But, the real breakthrough was when we got the Instant Pot, an electric pressure cooker. Now we can cook rice, or beans, or polenta, or spaghetti sauce, or beets or any number of things and it is all automatic and needs no attention while cooking. It cooks most things faster than on the cooktop. It also heats up the kitchen less than cooking on the stove or in the oven.

Did I mention it is also a slow cooker?

We have the 6 quart Ultra model described and reviewed at Laura Pazzaglia's Hip Cooking. Also useful is the Hip Cooking Comparison Guide: Which Instant Pot is Right for You? The Ultra model is not the one she recommends for most people.

Laura Pazzaglia also has a great pressure cooking recipe book Everything Healthy Pressure Cooker Cookbook.

The model we bought is currently $129.99 USD at Amazon U.S. but back in December 2018 we bought one there for $87.99 USD. We got ours from Amazon U.S. and had it delivered here by Mini Express.

More in the category Cooking.

Register or sign up for our daily email digest.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.