• Glenn Wilson
    Chef Quincy Bissic: One of my favorite things to do after a night out dining is to walk around the Jardin before heading back home. On this one night we were heading back home and we happened to notice this young boy on the street selling these very fragrant gardenias. We bought several bouquets and asked if he wouldn’t mind if we took his photo. He agreed, and we ended up buying several more of the bouquets he was selling. His photo is one of my favorites!

We heard on this trip that one of our favorite restaurants had moved a little further out of town. We had just rediscovered Dila's on our last visit, so we decided to make the trek to the restaurant and turn it into a challenging walk. The chef/owner Dila is Sri Lankan and serves some of the most delicious, spicy and fresh Sri Lankan food. He is definitely one of my favorite people in San Miguel and one of the coolest. One of my favorite dishes is the fish in a spicy tamarind sauce and the fresh mango and ginger margaritas is my go-to drink.

It’s always a pleasure seeing Dila's face! Because when I do, I know that I’m in for a memorable meal.

Read the whole story at A Chef’s Travels Through San Miguel de Allende, Mexico: Food and Faces
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.