• Glenn Wilson
    cp5n33bmj2i6l900.jpg
    One of the greeters at the Chapel of Jimmy Ray Gallery. Photo © 2018 Glenn E Wilson (CC BY 4.0).

The Magical Mystery Tour is waiting to take you away. A unique and fantastical, joyful experience; click the two links above for more info and pics. Google Maps helped us get there. Requested donation 200 pesos per person. By appointment only. Tour lasts one hour. Be on time or Anado will start without you or maybe feed you to the dragon pictured above. If you come in a cab have it wait for you.

San Miguel de Allende is popular among art lovers. There are dozens of private galleries throughout the city selling San Miguel de Allende art. In addition, the Mercado Artesanal in the center of town sells a variety of traditional local art. The city is known for being an artist colony.

Our observations from living in San Miguel de Allende, and other parts of Mexico, for the past six months have shown us how artful and creative Mexican culture is. Art finds its way into many aspects of Mexican culture: the colorful piñatas during the holidays, the lively music and singing, and the multi-colored artwork of the indigenous groups.

While there are many art galleries and museums you can choose to visit in San Miguel de Allende, I thought I’d share with you some of my favorite. Here are four unique places to experience San Miguel de Allende art.

Where To Experience Art While Living in San Miguel De Allende
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.