• Glenn Wilson
    (Updated with the link to the rest of the story! Oops.)
    A Typhoid Survivor's Tale.

Pat Hall wrote: In 1970 I had just finished a master's degree in library and information science and was interviewing for jobs in Canada. My mother called and told me that she and my father were going to Mexico for two weeks. She asked, "Would you like to come with us?" I thanked her, explaining that I really couldn't go along because I was busy looking for a job. When she replied, "I'll pay for your trip," how could I resist?

In a rush of enthusiasm, I did all kinds of research and planned our trip in detail. We would rent a car and travel all around Mexico. I had never been to Mexico before and had no idea what to expect.

We flew into Mexico City and there the three of us were— enjoying all the delights and attractions of that fabulous city. I loved the colours, the music, the food, the weather, the art, the friendly people and, most of all, the Spanish language. ..

Read more by Pat Hall at Lokkal: Another Time, Another Epidemic. More #PatHall. More #Lokkal.

If you like Pat Hall, don't miss:

New Book Just Published!

Danger on the Road to San Miguel de Allende

More in the category Art, Literature, Museums, Music, and Theaters.

Register or sign up for our daily email digest.
  • Glenn Wilson
    Updated with the link to the rest of the story! Oops. Apologies to early readers on Monday.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.