• Glenn Wilson
    Glenn Wilson will speak about SMAFAQ and covering the news in San Miguel de Allende at this week's Rotary virtual meeting using zoom.

SMAFAQ was started in June 2018 and published its first news feature a year later. Today, the daily news regularly attracts the most interest and views. Or, is it the cat videos embedded at the end of each daily news?

SMAFAQ.com was originally named and started with the intent to provide useful information (answers to Frequently Asked Questions) about San Miguel de Allende. The first post was How to unlock your U.S. AT&T cell phone on June 23, 2018.

The site has evolved since then. My original plan was for much of the information to be contributed by other members of this community. We've had some of that and I continue to encourage more. The main attraction today is the Daily News (recently including Coronavirus news). We cover local, and some state, national and international news.

When I first moved here I missed reading the local news. It existed, but I just didn't know how to find it. When I did find it, it was in Spanish. And my Spanish was no muy bueno. But I learned (and I'm still learning) and I figured out how share that with others.

I'll be talking about how I find and present the news on SMAFAQ and a few tricks you can use to read the local news.

The meeting is open to everyone and non-members are encouraged to attend.

Midday Rotary of San Miguel de Allende is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Midday Rotary San Miguel de Allende - Tuesday Meeting
    Time: Apr 21, 2020 09:30 AM Mexico City

Join Zoom Meeting
    https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88420787886?pwd=bWFuOHRDcitJVEs4MjdjYUdNMzl0Zz09

Meeting ID: 884 2078 7886
    Password: 443813
    1587479400_1587479400_N_T_C0
    Attachment
  • Reminder Bunny
    Reminder: This is happening Tuesday April 21.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.