• Raymond
    Did the State of GTO eliminate Seguro Popular; My current registration expires March 20; if still active I need to go to IMSS and renew the registration. Last Friday I did my Federal Registration for the Federal Program at the La Lejona Clinic. All one needs is his CURP and the copy shop across the street can digitize your CURP into the official form that is necessary for health services Federal under the AMLO Plan.
  • Glenn Wilson
    Based on these two recent stories (both in March) I think yes, Seguro Popular is no officially more in GTO. But, I will admit to some (a lot of) confusion about the current status.

It is official, they liquidate workers of the Seguro Popular Insurance in León
    Around 70 people who worked for the Seguro Popular in León were liquidated this Friday, after it disappeared to be replaced by INSABI.

About 70 people who worked for the Seguro Popular in León were liquidated from nine in the morning in a room at the Radisson hotel behind closed doors.

Employees concentrated in a room were called individually to sign their liquidation and the removal of furniture and computer equipment that they had under their protection.
    It is official, they liquidate workers of the Popular Insurance in León (sp).

Guanajuato signs collaboration agreement with Insabi
    The government of Guanajuato formalized its non-adherence to the Institute of Health for Welfare (Insabi) with the signing of the collaboration agreement with this institute.
    The government of Guanajuato formalized its non-adherence to the Institute of Health for Welfare (Insabi) with the signing of the collaboration agreement with this institute, in addition to maintaining its own health system It will also ensure that the Federal Government allocates the eight billion pesos per year so that it can continue operating.

Diego Sinhue Rodríguez Vallejo, Governor of Guanajuato, confirmed through his Twitter account the signing of the collaboration agreement with Insabi that he made with the director general of this institute, Juan Antonio Ferrer.

"Today we signed a collaboration agreement with the @GobiernoMX regarding # Health to guarantee the resources that correspond to Guanajuato, this # NoAdhesion agreement confirms that # GTO does not deliver its health system but guarantees its resources," he wrote to Through his Twitter account, the governor of Guanajuato and posted a photo in which he is accompanied by the Secretary of Health of Guanajuato, Daniel Díaz Martínez, as well as the director of Insabi, Juan Antonio Ferrer.
    Guanajuato signs collaboration agreement with Insabi (sp)
  • Sonia Diaz
    Seguro Popular no longer exists. The new program is called INSABI. The same facilities that were named Seguro Popular are now part of INSABI. Services are available to citizens and to those with a Temporary or Permanent Resident visa. There are no memberships. Please prresent your visa and a print out of your CURP. Your CURP number is on your visa. To print out your CURP please see my web site under ETC and I also have a page dedicated to health care. www.soniadiaz.mx
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.