• Glenn Wilson
    Beloveds in Christ at St. Paul’s,

“Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” -St. Matthew 25:40

Doctora Tejeida of the Guanajuato Health Department and medical director for Mitigare Hospice has indicated that the COVID-19 virus can be expected to bloom in Guanajuato in the next 10 to 20 days.

We have many vulnerable individuals in our parish and in our community, and St. Paul’s has a responsibility to mitigate the spread of the virus as it arrives to San Miguel de Allende.

In consultation with Senior Warden Tim Liner, I have determined there will be no coffee hour following our liturgies this coming Sunday, Lent Three, March 15th, though 9am Holy Eucharist and 10:30am Holy Eucharist will be held as usual. This will be the last Sunday liturgy at St. Paul’s until further notice.

Beginning Thursday March 19th all public functions at St. Paul’s will be suspended, including public Morning Prayer, Stations of the Cross, mid-week Eucharist, and the offering of meeting space for community groups and activities.

Our Care Committee will be proceeding under the following guidelines:

• No visits - we will want to find ways through phone and computer to support one another.
    • If parishioners acquire the virus, we will support them in the following manner:
    1. Volunteer grocery shoppers are sought
    2. Volunteers for meal preparation are sought
    3. Delivery of groceries and food will occur as follows:
    - Call to announce time of delivery
    - Place food or meal on doorstep and ring bell or knock
    - disposable containers to be preferred
    • Contact Madre Karen O’Malia and / or Deacon Anthony Christiansen of the Care Committee for this form of assistance.

Together with our web-master, we will shortly offer a spiritual-support section on St. Paul’s web-page. Links to webcasts of worship services from Washington National Cathedral may be found HERE and Trinity Church Wall Street HERE.

This prudential measure is a “first” for me in my thirty-six years of priesthood, made heavier for occurring during Lent with Holy Week and Easter in view, and as I depart for wedding duties in Los Angeles following Eucharist March 15th. I will remain available for pastoral care upon return. The office, though not open to the public, will remain in session until such time as an actual local outbreak of the coronavirus mitigates otherwise.

Please pray for one another, stay in connection and offer spiritual and social support by phone and e-mail, and watch the parish web-site and the parish newsletter, The Epistle, for further word.

“May the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” -Philippians 4:7

The Reverend Canon George F. Woodward III
    Rector; St. Paul’s Church

Source: Comment from @George Woodward
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.