• Glenn Wilson
    Qroo Paul: As a retired American living in Mexico, I carefully watch the exchange rate between the U.S. dollar and Mexican peso and I take advantage of significant changes in the rate that will allow me to receive more pesos for the same amount of dollars.

Just to be clear, I’m not talking about just going to the ATM in Mexico and getting pesos out with my U.S. bank card. Although that’s okay, it won’t really save you a lot of money in the long run.

What I’m taking about is maintaining bank accounts in both the U.S. and Mexico and only transferring money between them when the exchange rate is to your advantage. The bigger the advantage, the larger the transfer.

It’s basically like waiting for a big sale before going shopping, but instead of food or clothes, you’re buying money.

Read the whole post from Qroo Paul at Coronavirus Fear Has Devalued the Mexican Peso and That Means It’s a Good Time to Transfer U.S. Dollars. More #QrooPaul.

More in the category Finance and Legal.

Register or sign up for our daily email digest.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.