• Glenn Wilson
    We do not have a car here. If we are someplace where we can just hail a cab that is what we normally do. But, when we want a cab to come to us we have been using Pickme Taxi lately.

I contact Pickme using the mobile app WhatsApp. It is like texting back and forth. English is fine. I ask for a cab, tell them where I am at and where I am headed. After confirming the cab I ask how long it will be.

Lots of people here use WhatsApp and I have used it to talk to a plumber, neighbors, a locksmith, Pickme Taxi and others. The number in my phone contacts for Pickme Taxi is +52 1 415 169 5757. That format, with the leading '+' etc is important for WhatsApp to find the number in contacts on my US based cell phone. Some of that may not be necessary on a Mexican based cell phone but it should still work. To get the '+' key hold down zero on the phone key pad.

Pickme Taxi has nice cars and charges a little more than a regular cab.

For going to and from the airport we have always used Bajiago and have always had good service.

How do you get around?
  • David Shenk
    I used Bijiogo to/from the airport and they were excellent. I would use them again for sure.
  • Ira Goldman
    I also use Pickme and they're great. Very timely and 10 pesos more than a taxi for in town rides.
    And Bajiogo is having a sale on Sept. 1. You buy 5 rides to either Leon or Queretaro airport for
    $100US and get 5 more rides for free,so your final cost is $10US per trip. That's a great deal
  • Ira Goldman
    An update. To take advantage of the Bajiogo special you must be a VIP member
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse. Registration is required to post or vote in polls.

More Discussions