• Glenn Wilson
    Starting March 16 we will be meeting for Chess at Cafe Arab'ella on Saturdays at 9am.

Players of all levels are welcome; from complete beginners to experts. Depending on turn out and interest we'll have casual games, lessons, or blitz chess.

Cafe Arab'ella
    Vicente Guerrero 1
    San Miguel de Allende
    044 415 197 1666

Across from the Shelter Theater.

Facebook Page
    Google Map

Cafe Arab'ella has great coffee, and bagels, and eggs, and more.

The chess is organized by Glenn Wilson (that's me), United States Chess Federation Correspondence Chess Master and Chess Expert. I have helped thousands of people have fun and become better chess players through lessons, coaching, my chess web sites and chess related software including the free KnightVision Pawner mobile chess app for practicing how the pieces move.
  • Glenn Wilson
    We had a small, enthusiastic turnout. We'll be doing this again, this Saturday. Drop in anytime between 9am and 11am to play or watch or talk about chess. All ages and skill levels, including total beginners, welcome! And Café Arab'ella has chess sets for use anytime they are open.
  • Glenn Wilson
    We are meeting again for Chess this and every Saturday at Cafe Arab'ella.

Chess players of all ages and skill levels are welcome to join us.

More info above and at Meetup: Saturday morning chess.
  • Glenn Wilson
    No Chess this morning, Saturday April 20, at Cafe Arab'ella. I just learned they are not open today.
  • Glenn Wilson
    We are meeting for chess again this Saturday April 27, 9am-11am at Cafe Arab'ella.
  • Glenn Wilson
    Again, this Saturday May 4, we are meeting for chess, 9am-11am at Cafe Arab'ella. Chess sets are available there anytime they are open.
  • Glenn Wilson
    Saturday May 11, we are meeting again for chess, 9am-11am at Cafe Arab'ella. Chess sets and beginner workbooks are available there anytime they are open.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.