• Glenn Wilson
    For breakfast, sometimes I eat leftovers from the day before, sometimes I make oatmeal with fruit, and sometimes I just eat some plain fruit. But sometimes ...

When I have fresh leafy greens and berries, I like to make a berry and greens smoothie:
    mlkwli71r6c78cp6.jpg

Lately I have been getting some nice blueberries and raspberries from La Comer. This morning I used raspberries, baby arugula and spinach. I also added an apple.

Breakfast Berry and Greens Smoothie
    • Wash and disinfect the produce before use as needed
    • 2 handfuls of leafy greens
    • 1-2 cups of berries
    • 1 apple
    • 1-2 cups water with ice
    • Blend to desired consistency
    • Serves two
    • Enjoy!

You can substitute frozen berries instead of fresh and other fruit or veggie for the apple. You can use any variety of fresh leafy greens and berries. Sometimes I throw in some celery or a carrot. Experiment. This is not a recipe so much as a framework.

Simple, easy, nutritious and delicious!

More in the category Cooking.

Register or sign up for our daily email digest.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.