• Glenn Wilson
    Bonnie Lee Black: On Thursday my friend Kim and I went for a nice long hike. Forgoing the turkey (she’s a vegetarian) and all the trimmings (trappings?), we packed some bread and cheese and a small container of red wine (all verboten, we later learned – but, then, who knew?) and ate it slowly while sitting on a big, old log by the water’s edge, serenaded by wild ducks.

It was a glorious Mexican late-November day – bright, clear-blue sky, in the mid-70s F. (No snowstorms! No cancelled flights!), and we felt deeply thankful to be embraced by the beauty of Nature at San Miguel de Allende’s 220-acre botanical garden, known as El Charco del Ingenio.

On our miles-long hike along El Charco’s well maintained trails, Kim and I passed countless towering cacti and succulents. Mexico, we learned, has the richest variety of cacti in the world; and this botanical garden’s collection is made up of plants gathered from all parts of the country.

Continue at The WOW Factor: Starship. More #WOWFactor.

More in the category Art, Literature, Museums, Music, and Theaters.

bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to San Miguel Frequently Asked Questions!

Expat and immigrant English language resources and community for San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. Visitors to this site may browse.

Register to receive the optional daily email digest.

Registration is also required to post or vote in polls. When you register, we will send you an email with a link. Open that email and click that link to complete the process and confirm your email.